DDM - Advanced International Business Management and Marketing
|!||Deze opleiding communiceert alleen in het Engels.|
We tonen daarom de Engelstalige opleidingsinformatie.
|typedouble degree, 90 EC|
|opleidingsduur18 maanden voltijd|
This 90 ECs double degree master (with Newcastle University Business School) gives you the opportunity to engage with the issues experienced by internationally orientated organisations. You learn to use analytical frameworks drawn from marketing, corporate governance and international business theory.
You will acquire deep knowledge in the relevant fields, including advanced skills in the analysis of markets in an international context. Also, attention is paid to the comparative analyses of countries, institutions, cultures and the strategic decision making of companies operating within this environment.
Waarom aan de RUG?
- A unique combination of two degrees that let you develop a 'sharp eye' for the processes in which multinational enterprises can operate. You will acquire advanced knowledge of international business management and marketing theories and learn to conceptualize real-world problems.
- The programme in Groningen has been internationally accredited by the AACSB and EQUIS, ensuring a high-quality education, which only 1% of universities reach worldwide.
In semester 1, in Groningen, you take 30 ECTS in compulsory MSc IB&M courses. In the second semester, you will study in Newcastle, where you attain 30 ECTS in advanced specialisation courses and electives.
Multinationals and CSR
MSc IB&M Electives
International Business Strategy
Foreign Market Entry Strategies
Study at NUBS, Newcastle
MSc IB&M Electives
|taal van onderwijs||100% en|
onderwijsvormencase study, literature study, colloquium, oral presentation, computer exercise, research, research project, research proposal, tutorial, lecture, working group, group assignment, group discussion, individual assignment, self study
study guidanceStudying means working independently and planning your studies yourself. But successful studying depends on many different factors, so it is understandable that you may need to consult an impartial expert to discuss your study progress and personal circumstances that influence your studies. The faculty's study advisors are available to help you. Obviously, everything discussed with the study advisor remains confidential.
study abroadYou will study one semester in Groningen, one semester in Newcastle and in the third semester you write your combined thesis.
Our double degree partner is Newcastle University Business School, UK
Toelating en kosten
aanmelding deadline : 1 mei 2023
collegegeld nog niet bekend
To be eligible for admission to this Master, you need to hold an academic Bachelor's or Master's degree from a research university in one of the following - or closely related - fields: Business Economics, Business Administration, Econometrics and Operations Research, Economics and Business Economics, International Business, Technology Management.
The admission requirements for this double degree are the same as those for the MSc International Business and Management.
To assess whether your educational/academic background meets the specific programme requirements, we will consider the level and curriculum of your previous studies.
- Students apply via www.rug.studielink.nl for the MSc IB&M. In September (when they have begun with the MSc IB&M) students can apply for the double degree. For more information, see: https://www.rug.nl/feb/apply-msc
If you have any questions concerning admission, please contact our Admissions Office: https://www.rug.nl/admissions
For students who would like to start in Newcastle with the double degree in International Business Management: recruitment and application is organized by our partner university. The admission requirements for this double degree are the same as those for the MSc International Business Management of NUBS. Please contact the Postgraduate Recruitment Team at NUBS: firstname.lastname@example.org
estimated monthly costs
|€||303||kamerhuur in Groningenrond het landelijk gemiddelde|
|€||172||collegegeldop basis van € 2060 per jaar|
|€||80||studieboeken en -spullen|
|€||77||uiterlijkkleding, kapper, schoenen|
|€||132||vrije tijdstappen, uit eten, vakantie|
|€||42||vervoernaast de OV-kaart|
|€||1171||totale maandelijkse uitgaven landelijk gemiddelde is € 1181|
Studenten en studentenleven
|166||studenten volgen deze opleiding|
|46%||daarvan is vrouw|
|40||eerstejaars gestart in 2019|
|35%||daarvan is vrouw|
|29331||studenten aan de Rijksuniversiteit Groningen|
|51%||daarvan is vrouw|
MarugThe Marketing Association of the University of Groningen (MARUG) is the inter-departmental study association for students who are interested in marketing.
The MARUG acts as an intermediary between marketing theory and marketing practice and organises several career events and social activities during the year, such as a monthly social. At this moment, the MARUG has more than 1500 members from different fields of knowledge.
EBFThe Economics and Business Faculty association (EBF) is the faculty association for all students studying at the faculty of Economics and Business of the University of Groningen.
The EBF is your partner during your time in Groningen by organising events that support you with your studies and help you prepare for your future career.
Master Community - IBMMake the most of your master by getting to know your fellow students and prepare for your future career.
Op kamers in Groningen
|€ 303||gemiddelde kamerprijs|
|21 m2||gemiddelde kameroppervlak|
Feiten en / studie in cijfers
Na de studie
Beroepsperspectief / arbeidsmarkt
On a practical level, you will develop an understanding of and applied skills in:
- Multi-stakeholder perspectives in respect of the management challenges bought about by increased globalisation including: the implications of international organisation (merger/acquisitions and alliances); relationships between Headquarters and subsidiaries and international aspects of corporate governance.
- The international aspects of financial management and the associated financial risks of international business.
- The implications of leadership and top management team composition for managing within, and across national borders.
- Advanced knowledge of analytical frameworks and tools useful for the measurement and explanation of market performance and consumer behaviour.
- Critical analysis in the context of the activities of a business, government and non-government organisations.
FEB Career Services
When you become a student at the faculty, we want to support you in developing your career and strengthening your employability skills. You can count on a dedicated on-campus Career Services team offering you a wide range of courses, workshops, events and career-related support during your studies. Everything you need to enter the labour market.